MOST COMMON QUESTIONS
General tips, answers, and information for The Lost Tools of Writing
- What are the pre-requisites for using LTW?
- Who is LTW designed for?
- Do I have to teach LTW along with literature?
- Does LTW teach the research paper?
- What if I can only meet with my students once a week?
- Can we start with level 2?
- How does LTW fit in with the rest of my curriculum?
- Why do we not use complete sentences in the outlines?
- This is my fourth year to teach LTW. I initially taught it to Jr. High students at a private school. I’ve also used it with my own kids and with a group of 11-14 year olds. I’ve used IEW materials and Teaching the Classics as well. Both have worked syne
- What is the difference between LTW and using the socratic method in writing?
- Have you switched a child with strong writing/analysis skills to LTW? How did the writing improve from using LTW?
- I have read in some reviews that LTW takes simple concepts and makes them more complicated. Have you found this to be true?
- I have a high school senior - is it too late to dive in to LTW?
- Is there a place on the website where we can print out extra ANI charts, worksheets, etc?
- Question about adding a colon to Rudimentary Essay, Lesson 1